Inspired by my close friend Rick, and cyber pal, The Cubicle Reverend, I have elected to participate in a survey.The topic is, "Top Ten Guilty Pleasures." I may actually have more than 10, but I'll try to keep it real. So, here they are, in no particular order:
- Professional Wrestling. Not just WWE though they are the Mecca of wrestling. I really prefer the old NWA back in the 80s. Ric Flair was in his prime, and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine was/is so cool. I have loved wrestling since I was 5 years old. Now my son enjoys it with me, though we change the channel when the Divas come out. Of course, my favorite wrestling is WFJ. Mayhem with a message!
- KISS will always be, in my opinion, the greatest rock band ever. These guys had it all, talent, charisma, and superior creativity. They are a regular in my CD player.
- The 3 Stooges are my favorite comic escape. How can you ever tire of those classic, timeless antics.
- Adam Sandler's movies. This guy is so funny and talented.
- All the John Hughes classics, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science. Anthony Michael Hall was the consummate geek. I am pleased to see his acting career is still doing well and geek free.
- The music of Barry Manilow.
- The music of Hall and Oates. How can anyone ever tire of these two?
- John Boy and Billy Big Show every morning on Fox 102. For a bunch of self-proclaimed rednecks, these guys are really funny in an intellectual sort of way.
- Little House on the Prairie. With no father in the house growing up, I can honestly say I was "raised" by Charles Ingalls and his family. I learned values, honesty, and hard work from this show. I think I turned out OK, anyway. I watch it every night now with my children on TV Land.
- Doughnuts. I don't buy them, but if someone else buys them and offers them to me, I will not refuse. In my early 20s, I could scarf a dozen all by myself.
Well, there you have it, my top ten guilty pleasures. Say it with me, "BOOOR-ING!"
Thank you for playing.